If a student has not taken HIST 300 or an equivalent historiography and methodology course, he/she must do so as soon after admission as practicable. The student will not receive graduate-level credit for this course. In exceptional circumstances, the student may, with permission of the MA advisor and the department chairperson, demonstrate adequate research and writing skills by submitting satisfactory proof of those skills in lieu of taking HIST 300. In such case, the student must submit to the MA advisor a research paper and receive the advisor's approval that the paper demonstrates adequate research and writing skills.
Immediately upon entering the graduate program in History, the student should develop with the assigned advisor an individual course of study which meets the requirements for the degree and the student's objectives.
Winthrop University provides personalized and challenging undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education programs of national caliber within a context dedicated to public service to the nation and to the State of South Carolina. Winthrop's longtime commitment to be among the very best institutions of its kind in the nation continually guides the mission of the university.
- The History of Social Movements in America
- African-American History
- The United States as a World Power since 1898
- The United States since 1939
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 747 other Masters in History in United States
- The online Graduate School application with the non-refundable application fee;
- Official transcript(s) from all institutions attended for undergraduate and graduate coursework. Transcripts must be sent directly to Winthrop's Graduate School office from the issuing institution(s). We cannot accept transcripts (even sealed, official transcripts) from individuals;
- Evidence of a satisfactory score on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination.
International29506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14753 USD per semester during 12 months.
National29506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14753 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15318 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7659 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Rock Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.