At least half the work presented for the degree must be 600-level courses. Students wishing to elect this option must apply for the approval of the English Graduate Committee after they have completed nine hours in the program; they may not register for ENGL 695 until that approval is granted.
Immediately upon entering the graduate program, the student should develop, with the assigned advisor, an individual course of study that meets the requirements for the degree and the student’s objectives. To be eligible for graduation, a student must fulfill all course requirements, perform satisfactorily on a final comprehensive examination, and successfully defend the Master's Thesis.
Winthrop University provides personalized and challenging undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education programs of national caliber within a context dedicated to public service to the nation and to the State of South Carolina. Winthrop's longtime commitment to be among the very best institutions of its kind in the nation continually guides the mission of the university.
- Introduction to English Studies
- Theory Course
- British Literature prior to 1784
- British Literature after 1784
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 910 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- The online Graduate School application with the non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcript(s) from all institutions attended for undergraduate and graduate coursework. Transcripts must be sent directly to Winthrop's Graduate School office from the issuing institution(s). We cannot accept transcripts (even sealed, official transcripts) from individuals.
- Submit a writing sample consisting of an original critical paper on a literary or rhetorical/composition subject of at least ten double-spaced typed pages.
International29506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14753 USD per semester during 12 months.
National29506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14753 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15318 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7659 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Rock Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.