Marriage and Family Therapy from Abilene Christian University combines theory and clinical training, including a 500-hour internship, typically at ACU’s on-site Marriage and Family Institute.
As our world become more complex, more and new challenges face families of all shapes and sizes, from financial to emotional. This means the need for professionals in this area is on the rise: The Department of Labor reports that this career field will grow faster than the average occupation through 2024.
- Marriage Counselor
- Clinical Therapist
- Family Therapist
- Addiction Counselor
- Clinical Program Director
- Case Manager
- Family Theory/General Systems Theory
- Couples Therapy
- Family Therapy across the Life Cycle
- Theological Perspectives on Human Behavior
- Family Therapy
- Systemic Diagnosis & Assessment
- Professional Ethics and Law
- Family Life Cycle
- Cultural Diversity in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Therapy Across the Life-Cycle
- Addictive Disorders
- Sexual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology Counselling Psychology View 1318 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Complete an online application;
- Pay the $65 application fee;
- An official transcript(s) in English (or translated to English) of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent. If you attended a college or university located outside of the United States, a transcript evaluation by World Education Services is required;
- A cumulative undergraduate approximate B average or above in the area of focus or related area and evidence of an overall productive GPA;
- A minimum GRE score of 280
- Three letters of recommendation;
- A written purpose statement declaring why the applicant wishes to study marriage and family therapy at ACU and what he or she plans to do professionally upon graduation;
- Complete the psychosocial history form;
International37920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1264 USD per credit during 24 months.
National37920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1264 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Abilene
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.