Our two-year residential program in English from Abilene Christian University offers one-on-one mentorship, small class sizes, a diverse faculty of Christian scholars – and a summer in Europe!
Graduates with English from Abilene Christian University will:
- Gain worldly perspective through our Study Abroad program in Oxford, England
- Equip for PHD programs, law school, the education field and multiple opportunities in the workforce.
- Gain experience as a tutor or teacher.
- Apply for competitive graduate assistantships
- 21st-Century American Literature
- Victorian Visions of Art and the Artist
- Literary Theory and Faith
- Rhetoric and Belief
- American Literature Before 1860
- American Literature After 1860
- American Novel
- Multicultural Literature
- Studies in American Literature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 835 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Complete an online application
- Pay the $65 application fee
- An official transcript(s) in English (or translated to English) of all previous colleges attended
- The transcript should reflect a competence in a second language (usually demonstrated through the completion of sophomore-level foreign language).
- The transcript should reflect 12 hours of upper-division English courses.
- The transcript should reflect a cumulative undergraduate approximate B average or above in the area of focus or related area and evidence of an overall productive GPA.
- Two letters of recommendation
- An official GRE score
- A two-page, double-spaced purpose statement addressing why you want to pursue graduate school, why you chose ACU, and your future career goals
- A writing sample in either: A sample critical essay that demonstrates the applicant’s capacity for interpretation and literary analysis, or a sample of creative writing in prose or poetry
International24174 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1343 USD per credit during 24 months.
National24174 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1343 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Abilene
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.