Church History from Sewanee The University Of The South may be appropriate in some cases for those who do not plan to pursue doctoral study but who expect to teach in a specific discipline in institutions overseas.
Graduation from the School of Theology follows the successful completion of all requirements for the specified program of study and the approval of the degree by the Senate of the University upon nomination by the faculty of the School of Theology.
Graduates with Church History from Sewanee The University Of The South will:
- gain the ability to read closely
- gain a foundation for informed and reflective critical analysis that is fundamental to lifelong learning and literary experiences of lasting value.
- examine how people in diverse times and places have addressed basic human questions about the meaning of life, the source of moral value, the nature of reality and possibility of transcendence, and to what or whom persons owe their ultimate allegiance.
- learn how to pose appropriate questions, how to read and interpret historical documents, and how to use methods of analysis to study social interaction prepares students to comprehend the dynamics within and among societies.
- understand a variety of texts: oral, visual, and written.
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Church History I: From the Formation of the Church to the Reformation
- Church History II: From the Reformation to the Present
- Moral Theology
- Systematic Theology
- Bibliography, Research, and Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 590 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application is required.
- Official transcripts of undergraduate work and all other post-secondary academic work are required, from each institution attended. Applicants to all programs should hold a B.A., B.S., or the equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- An applicant whose first language is not English is required to complete the TOEFL or IELTS. Students who do not have U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency in the United States are required to have or acquire a valid U.S. visa.
- Two letters of recommendation
- An official interview is required
- Applicants may be required to submit writing samples.
International17963 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17963 USD per year during 24 months.
National17963 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17963 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.