Divinity from Sewanee The University Of The South curriculum includes study of Scripture, the Christian tradition, ministerial skills, and modern cultural contexts, with a view to the reasoned practice of the ministry of Word and Sacrament in both its historical context and its contemporary setting.
Graduates with Divinity from Sewanee The University Of The South will:
- gain the ability to read closely
- gain a foundation for informed and reflective critical analysis that is fundamental to lifelong learning and literary experiences of lasting value.
- examine how people in diverse times and places have addressed basic human questions about the meaning of life, the source of moral value, the nature of reality and possibility of transcendence, and to what or whom persons owe their ultimate allegiance.
- learn how to pose appropriate questions, how to read and interpret historical documents, and how to use methods of analysis to study social interaction prepares students to comprehend the dynamics within and among societies.
- understand a variety of texts: oral, visual, and written.
- Pastoral Theology: Theology and Practice of Pastoral Care
- Systematic Theology
- World Religions
- Moral Theology
- History of Christian
- Contextual Education
- Pastoral Liturgics: The Prayer Book of the Episcopal Church
- Contextual Education
- World Christianities and Missiology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 607 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application is required.
- Official transcripts of undergraduate work and all other post-secondary academic work are required, from each institution attended. Applicants to all programs should hold a B.A., B.S., or the equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- An applicant whose first language is not English is required to complete the TOEFL or IELTS. Students who do not have U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency in the United States are required to have or acquire a valid U.S. visa.
- Applicants who have an ecclesiastical endorsement (normally, postulancy for Holy Orders in the Episcopal Church or permission of one's bishop, or the equivalent endorsement in another faith tradition) must submit that endorsement.
- Two letters of recommendation
- An official interview
- Applicants may be required to submit writing samples.
International17963 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17963 USD per year during 36 months.
National17963 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17963 USD per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.