Study in this two-year program in Higher Education and Student Affairs Administration from Canisius College and you will be prepared to make your mark in today's higher education field. A comprehensive combination of coursework, internships, and independent research provides a well-rounded program covering numerous aspects of higher education from theories of leadership to counseling in student affairs.
The program gives you great flexibility, as you take classes on a full-time or part-time basis and complete two internships for hands-on, professional experience. You can choose to write a final thesis as part of an independent research project or take a comprehensive final exam. You will also be well-prepared to pursue a doctoral degree if desired.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History of Higher Education
- Student Development in Higher Education
- Methods of Research
- Assessment and Advanced Research
- Diversity and Inclusion in Higher Education
- Counseling and Advising for Student Success
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- National - Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
- International - at least 30 days prior to the start date
DisciplinesSchool Counselling Higher Education View 219 other Masters in Higher Education in United States
- Free Online Application
- Personal Statement - a 300 word essay describing your motivation to pursue a degree in Higher Education and Student Affairs Administration. Please explain your desire to complete your Master's degree at Canisius College.
- Transcripts from the institution you have, or will be receiving, your degree from - unofficial or in progress transcripts are acceptable to begin the admissions review process
- You must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning to be considered for admission with a minimum G.P.A. of 2.75, 3.0 in major courses
- If the cumulative GPA is under a 3.0, two letters of recommendation must be submitted:
- 1 letter from a professor speaking to your readiness for graduate school
- 1 letter from a higher education professional explaining why you are a good fit for the higher education field
International17910 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17910 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.