With the Adult Education program of the University of Minnesota you will be prepared to design and implement a range of effective curricula and programming for adult learners. You will have a sophisticated understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities adult learners face in educational growth, professional development, and personal enrichment. You might help immigrants, refugees, and other displaced people make sense of their new environments, make a difference in the lives of adults and out-of-school youth who struggle with reading, writing, and numeracy, or consult on best practices for employee training and development programs.
M.Ed. students in Adult Education will have the ability to:
- Design, deliver, evaluate, and improve adult education programs for a range of industries and purposes.
- Anticipate needs for and calibrate adult education through organizational change.
- Negotiate and balance the needs of organizations and their stakeholders to ensure positive outcomes.
- Apply research driven strategies and techniques to improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Instructor in a variety of educational settings serving immigrant and refugee populations
- Manager of training programs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategies for Teaching Adults
- Perspectives of Adult Learning and Development
- Designing the Adult Education Program
- Field Experience in Adult Education
- Organization Development
- Survey: Human Resource Development and Adult Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Teaching View 3550 other Masters in Education in United States
- Degree: Bachelor's degree
- GPA: Undergraduate 2.8
- GRE scores: Not required
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores (Not required for U.S. students)
- Personal Information
- Application Information
- Educational Background
- Awards & Activities
- Employment/Residence Information
- Financial Support
- Applicant Statements #1 & #2
- Recommendations Letters (limit 2)
- Resume or CV
International27204 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13602 USD per semester during 12 months.
National27204 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13602 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State17580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8790 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.