Prepare to qualify to become a licensed mental health counselor by learning from leaders in the fields of drama therapy, psychodrama, and expressive therapies. Pursue careers in a variety of settings, including schools, rehabilitation centers, hospitals, community organizations, correctional facilities, and private practice.
As a Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Drama Therapy student at Lesley University, you’ll promote spontaneity and creativity in relationships and combine the study and application of dramatic action techniques with a trauma-informed, culturally responsive approach to mental health counseling. Through theory and practice, explore and examine issues of form, aesthetics, and principles central to performance. Learn how to assess clients of all ages and backgrounds and select the most appropriate treatment approach.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory and Practice of Group Work: Expressive Arts Therapy
- Theories of Drama Therapy
- Performance and Practice: Art, Education, and Therapy
- Introduction to Psychodrama
- Drama Therapy and for Children and Adolescents
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling Clinical Psychology View 866 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official SAT/ACT test scores (without essay) will be required for applicants to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and for applicants to both undergraduate colleges
- Students applying to BFA programs in the College of Art and Design must also submit a digital portfolio of 12-20 pieces.
- If you are dually enrolled in college coursework or simply taking some college level classes, you may submit official college transcripts electronically through a variety of secure sites such as, but not limited to; Parchment, Credential Solutions, E-Scrip Safe, Clearinghouse, Naviance/Common Application, JST Services
International1190 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1190 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1190 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1190 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.