- Develop a coherent body of work of depth and integrity on a personally chosen topic which may extend over the two year program
- Produce artwork that stretches one’s visual vocabulary and reaches beyond one’s personal status quo
- Experiment with formal and conceptual invention
- Refine technical expertise in photography and acquire new skills in other media as needed
- Bridge the visual language of photography with the written word and with public speaking
- Understand one’s work in relation to contemporary art and art history
- Use the works of others as resources and inspiration
- Use external critique for self-evaluation
- Develop the ability to critique peers’ work across disciplines and to speak thoughtfully about the work of others
- Develop awareness and understanding of the diverse cultural, historical, and experiential issues expressed and inherent in one’s own artwork and in that of one’s peers
- Exhibit one’s work in a professional manner in the thesis exhibition. Students may also participate in other exhibitions and curatorial opportunities at the college or other venues
- Understand a range of professional pathways for careers in the arts
- Develop knowledge of major historical and cultural characteristics of specific times /places. Infer relationships between society and art
- Recognize various types of texts used in art historical analysis, and evaluate their content and effectiveness. Use various ideas, approaches and facts in the analysis of art. Formulate, research and argue a hypothesis. Articulate verbally and in writing, theoretical and critical perspectives on art
- Recognize the impact of historical works of art on contemporary art
- Draw connections between various artworks, artists and concepts
- Collaborate with artists in other disciplines
More informationVisit official programme website
- Major Studio
- Graduate Seminar
- Graduate Contemporary Art
- Studio Elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 211 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application Form
- $90 Application Fee
- Statement of Purpose
- Official Post-Secondary/College Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Course Descriptions and Syllabi
International780 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 780 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National780 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 780 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.