The Nursing program at Sonoma State University focuses upon the theoretical and scientific bases for the diagnosis and treatment of common illness, as well as health teaching, counseling and preventive services. Emphasis is placed upon advanced clinical skills, including history-taking and physical examination, health screening, management of common illness, and techniques of prevention and risk reduction.
The goal of the graduate nursing program is to provide advanced practice professional education. Graduate education in nursing builds upon the undergraduate knowledge base in the natural, social, behavioral and nursing sciences. Graduates are prepared for increasing responsibilities in clinical practice, advocacy and are appreciative and responsive to the healthcare needs of underserved populations.
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Health Promotion Practice in Primary Care
- Health Promotion Theory Righting Disparities
- Pathophysiologic Concepts in Primary Care
- Pharmacology in Primary Care
- Clinical Practice in Primary Care
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 2438 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association;
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended;
- Have attained a grade point average of at least 2.5 (A=4.00) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted;
- Proof of English proficiency via TOEFL or IELTS examination scores
International145728 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6336 USD per credit during 24 months.
National145728 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6336 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State215878 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9386 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Rohnert Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.