The History of Wales MA degree offered at Aberystwyth University offers you the opportunity to explore the history of Wales from a variety of thematic and chronological perspectives, to develop your research skills in Welsh history (including Welsh language tuition), and to pursue your own research project in an aspect of Welsh history under expert supervision from a specialist in the field.
This course draws on the unrivalled expertise of our team of Welsh historians in the department to offer a degree scheme suitable both for those who have studied Welsh history in the past and those for whom it is a new field of study.
Many of our Masters graduates go on to PhD study and academic careers. Others go on to careers in:
- museums and archives
- public administration
- heritage administration
- the civil service
- local government
- the broadcast media
- Dissertation: Welsh History
- Research Methods and Professional Skills in History
- The Making of Modern Wales
- Class and Community in Wales
- Gerald of Wales
- Information and Society
- Landownership and Society in Wales
- Media History
- Political Culture in Modern Britain, Europe and the USA
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 172 other Masters in Modern History in United Kingdom
- Good Undergraduate degree 2.2 (UK) (or above) equating to a mark of 56.5 or above. European and International applicants can find their grade equivalence on our comparability page. Those who are not graduates must satisfy the University that they are of the required academic standard to pursue postgraduate study.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.