Literary Studies degree offered at Aberystwyth University will develop a host of transferable skills which you may deploy in a range of other academic or employment contexts.
As a student on the MA in Literary Studies at Aberystwyth, you will benefit from the University’s superb library and information technology resources and have access to the unrivaled collections of the National Library of Wales, one of the five elite research libraries in the UK.
Qualification: MA in Literary Studies
This degree will suit you:
- If you are fascinated by particular developments in English Literature and want to deepen your knowledge
- If you want to enhance your understanding of particular topics or periods in literary history
- If you wish to cultivate your existing skills as a reader and writer
- If you want to develop your research and analytical skills for future work in academia
Every MA course at Aberystwyth University is specifically designed to enhance your employability. In addition to developing your writing and research skills, this course will help you to master key skills that are required in a wide variety of workplaces. You will be pushed to improve your approaches to planning, analysis and presentation so that you can tackle complex projects thoroughly and with professional independence. Your MA in Literary Studies will place you in the jobs marketplace as a professional writer with highly desirable skills suitable for a career in the arts, literature, journalism and many others.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Postwar American Fiction
- Medieval Lives
- Women, Fiction And Female Community, 1660-1792
- Postmodern Genres
- Romantic Radical Cultures
- Sensational Sales: Victorian Popular Literature 1848-1894
- Writing Ireland, Writing Wales
- Understanding Creativity
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Literature View 299 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Good Undergraduate degree 2.2 (UK) (or above) equating to a mark of 56.5 or above in a related subject. European and International applicants can find their grade equivalence on the comparability page.
- A letter of application (1 side of A4) that explains why you want to enrol on the MA Literary Studies. It should include a brief account of your academic study to date, touching on relevant literary/critical issues.
- A representative sample of critical work, written during the past three years, of no more than 3000 words. You are allowed to send work submitted as part of a previous degree.
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.