The Social Work - Children, Youth, and Families program at California State University East Bay has a multicultural focus, preparing graduates to work in both non-profit and public agencies and to be proficient in serving diverse populations in urban communities.
The mission of the California State University, East Bay Master of Social Work program is to graduate culturally responsive urban social workers in the areas of Children, Youth, and Families and Community Mental Health. Social work graduates are prepared to address individual, family, group, and community needs caused by inequalities of class and identity including race, ethnicity, gender, age, (dis)ability, sexual orientation, and other forms of social injustice. Advocacy and social change around these injustices form the core of the MSW program.
Graduates of the M.S.W. program are prepared to work with individuals, families, groups, and organizations in both public and non-profit practice. The State of California is experiencing a shortage of individuals prepared for leadership roles in social work practice. The State also has a critical shortage of social workers trained at the master’s level, and the demand is expected to increase. Social Workers are needed to work with a variety of populations, including individuals with serious health and behavioral health issues, children and families involved in the child welfare system, older adults, individuals with disabilities, and people living in poverty.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Race, Gender, and Inequality
- Introduction to Social Welfare Policy
- Introduction to Social Welfare Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work View 352 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- Have the equivalent of a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Pay the 70.00 USD non-refundable application fee.
- Official academic records of all colleges or universities attended (High School Transcripts are not required)
- English language exam score (TOEFL or IELTS)
International15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15546 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15546 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8274 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.