We offer a master degree in Philosophy at the University of Mississippi. Thirty graduate-level semester hours, including a thesis carrying 3 credit hours, constitute the minimum requirement. Each candidate for the M.A. must pass an oral examination in addition to completing all other requirements for the degree. The examination will focus on the student’s thesis.
Thirty graduate-level semester hours along with a written area examination in the student’s major subfield constitute the minimum requirement. Each candidate for the M.A. must pass an oral examination in addition to completing all other requirements for the degree. The examination will focus on the student’s written examination.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Logic: Critical Thinking
- Contemporary Moral Issues
- Ultimate Questions
- Asian Philosophy
- History of Philosophy
- Medieval Philosophy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 238 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts/degree certificates of all institutions of higher education attended (must be official or officially certified, and must include an English translation)
- Copy of English language proficiency test score
- Copy of passport identification page(s)
- Letters of Recommendation (unless uploaded via the online application system)
- Statement of Purpose (unless uploaded via the online application system)
- Affidavit of Financial Support and supporting bank statement], may be submitted later; required only of those who will hold F-1 or J-1 visa status.
- International Student Transfer Eligibility Form]. May be submitted later, and is required of F-1 and J-1 visa holding students who are transferring to the University of Mississippi from academic institutions within the USA only!
International24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 12 months.
National24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8718 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8718 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.