The Master of Arts degree program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Xavier University is designed to meet the educational requirements for licensure as a professional counselor.
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Xavier University is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). The accreditation runs through March 31, 2022. The CACREP 2009 standards combine the Community Counseling and Mental Health Counseling standards into standards for Clinical Mental Health Counseling programs.
Since a majority of students are employed, class and curricular offerings are scheduled in the late afternoon, evenings, and weekends to accommodate student schedules.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Lifespan Development
- Counseling Theories & Techniques
- Group Process
- Career Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling Psychology View 606 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Completed online application (choose Counseling, then Clinical Mental Health)
- One official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate work from accredited colleges or universities.
- A resume.
- A five hundred word minimum statement of purpose for graduate study.
- Two letters of reference from individuals commenting on the applicant's academic/professional potential.
- Official test scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- The MAT is offered here at Xavier
International26250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 875 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 875 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Cincinnati
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.