The curriculum’s diversity and flexibility allow students to study extensively in one genre (creative writing, composition, or professional and technical writing) while also broadening their educational range through coursework in additional genres.
The curriculum is designed to prepare students for a range of professional opportunities after school or for continued study in M.F.A. or Ph.D. programs.
- The Writing program at Coastal Carolina University offers a wide range of opportunities for students to gain experience in writing, editing, and teaching in professional contexts.
- An on-campus literary journal and available graduate assistantships in teaching and research make the MAW program a professional training arena for writers and scholars.
- Graduate Writing Workshop Fiction
- Graduate Writing Workshop Creative Nonfiction
- Graduate Writing Workshop Poetry
- Graduate Writing Workshop Short Novel
- Workshop in Professional and Technical Writing
- Workshop in Composition and Rhetoric
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Creative Writing View 383 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- A completed application for graduate study at the University and an official transcript from each school or college previously attended.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- An “acceptable” rating awarded by the graduate committee to a 20-page writing sample.
- A 3.3 GPA in 18 hours of undergraduate or graduate coursework in English or a related discipline.
International36366 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1102 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36366 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1102 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State19734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 598 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Conway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.