At the Early Childhood Education - Administration in Early Childhood and Family Studies program at Kean University, our students learn the skills they need to be successful leaders of educational programs serving young children and their families.
Kean also offers options for certification and endorsement. The P-3 Alternate Route program is available for those who hold a non-education degree but want to become certified to teach children in preschool through third grade. The P-3 Endorsement is designed for certified teachers seeking to specialize in early childhood education.
What You Learn
You become well-versed in promoting child development and learning.
- Develop leadership skills to make you a successful director, head teacher, administrator or supervisor of early childhood education
- Master advanced curriculum and teaching for young children, in theory and practice
- Find out how to create positive partnerships with families, and build family and community relationships
- Gain knowledge of how to observe, document, and assess children
- Use content knowledge to build meaningful curriculum, and use developmentally effective approaches to connect with children and families
- Understand the importance of play in young children’s development and learning
Your training will prepare you for a career as a leader in the field of early childhood education.
- Early Childhood and Family Studies
- Research in Early Childhood and Family Studies
- Organization and Administration of Early Childhood Centers
- Strategies for Supervision, Staff Development, and Program Planning in Early Childhood Centers
- Creating Partnerships with Families
- Advanced Curriculum and Teaching: Theory and Practice in Early Childhood Education
- School Supervision and Organizational Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 552 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited college or university
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (candidates with under a 3.0 will be considered based on the strength of the overall application)
- Official copies of ALL post-secondary transcripts (this includes transcripts that reflect transfer credit)
- Professional Resume or CV
- Personal Statement
- 2-3 Letters of Recommendation
International20714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10357 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10357 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State15752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7876 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.