Students will develop in-depth knowledge of specialised research skills, and be able to use a broad range of methods to critically appraise and conduct rigorous research in the field. Students learn how to assess the contribution of psychology to policy goals and how to evaluate education policies.
Teaching and learning
This programme is delivered through a combination of lectures by UCL Institute of Education academic staff and guest speakers, group work, discussion, and computer workshops giving hands-on practice.
Assessment is through coursework. Coursework involves small exercices conducted throughout the module, critiques of set research articles, extended pieces of writing on set topics, and the dissertation.
Graduates of this Developmental and Educational Psychology programme offered at the University College London (UCL) are currently working as researchers in the public and private sectors or are engaged in PhD study.
This programme provides valuable preparation either for doctoral study or for a research career in the academic community, the public sector or in industry.
- Methodology and Statistics
- Qualitative Data Analysis
- Developmental Psychology
- Personality and Social Psychology or Cognitive Development and Learning
- Social Development or Core Topics in Psychology of Education
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Childhood Studies View 43 other Masters in Childhood Studies in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, either in psychology or a related subject, that has been accredited by the British Psychological Society.
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor’s degree that contains at least 60 credits (excluding year one) in the five core areas of psychology (Biological Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Personalities and Individual Differences and Social Psychology).
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,400
- International: £12,000
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.