From the musical masterpieces that represent the best of the classical tradition to the most innovative works emerging from today's creative artists, our students and faculty are hearing, studying, playing, and experiencing it all.
About the Piano Performance and Pedagogy program
With programs in performance, music education, composition, and music and worship, you’ll find our students and faculty engaging with creativity and commitment whether they’re in the practice room, performance hall, classroom, or the mission field. Take some time to browse these pages. You’ll get a glimpse of the creative work we are doing but there is so much more. To really see, hear, and experience music study at Samford University, you have to hear it for yourself.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History and Application of Performance Practices
- Analytical Techniques
- Research in Music
- Piano Pedagogy
- Instructional Adaptation for Student Diversity
- Instructional Design for Optimal Student Learning
- Social Dynamics and Student Learning
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Solo piano performance (memorized) of at least 20 minutes duration. Include literature of at least two contrasting styles.
- Technique (all major/minor scales and arpeggios at metronome marking quarter note=120 with four notes per click).
- Sight reading as provided at the audition.
International862 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 862 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National862 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 862 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.