The Environmental Management program from Samford University is designed with maximum flexibility, and can be completed in one year while still allowing you time for family, work and other commitments. You can complete your study whenever you like, wherever you have an Internet connection, and still have full access to our advisers, faculty and excellent on-campus resources such as career development and library resources. If you'd like to combine your MSEM degree with a graduate degree in business or law, contact us to explore one of our joint degree options.
What you'll study
The online MSEM program will provide you with the knowledge and skills to understand and effectively manage complex, often multidisciplinary environmental issues. The program integrates policy, science, and management skills, so that graduates enter the workplace as leaders, prepared to address the challenging environmental problems of our modern world.
The program centers around a theme of “ Food, Water, and Energy”. Courses on Energy and the Environment, Water Management, Sustainability, Environmental Justice, and Environmental Law, Policy And Regulations, will ensure that you are prepared for an exciting career in a growing, sustainability focused, environmental job market.
- Energy and Utilities
- Government Agencies
- Land Management
- Private Industry
- Safety and Health
- Urban Planning
- Waste Management
- Wildlife Conservation
- Environmental Law and Regulation
- Environmental Justice and Society
- Communication in Environmental Management-Professional Presentations and Scientific Writing
- Research Methods and Techniques
- Biostatistics for Public Health Professionals
- Natural Resource Management and Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
rolling admission process
DisciplinesPublic Health Environmental Management Natural Resource Management View 571 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an overall minimum GPA of 3.00.
- Two letters of reference from nonrelated persons.
- While interdisciplinary in nature and accepting candidates with a variety of backgrounds and degrees, the program is heavily technical and scientific in design.
- Applicants will ideally have some training in the biological and physical sciences. If the admission committee notes a lack of scientific background in an applicant's preparation, it will require the student to complete a cell-based general biology course, specifically approved by the program directors, prior to taking any of the scientifically oriented courses in the program, with the exception of ENVM 501 (Biological and Environmental Chemistry).
- This cell-based general biology course may be an undergraduate course and will not count toward the 36 credits required for degree completion.
International33264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 924 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 924 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.