The Master of Divinity at Samford University is the flagship degree of Beeson Divinity School. It combines academic and practical training to prepare students for full-time ministry. This degree offers a balanced curriculum of biblical studies, history and doctrine, spiritual formation and ministry leadership development. The M.Div. consists of 87 hours and typically requires three and a half to four years to complete.
Graduates of this program will be:
- Able interpreters and expositors of the Scriptures, who use sound hermeneutical methodology to teach the Bible to others faithfully and clearly.
- Well-grounded in the doctrines of historic Christian orthodoxy, who articulate orthodox doctrinal convictions in denominational context.
- Growing in love for God and neighbor and in Christlike character, relating to others with respect and charity, engaging consistently in practices of Christian spirituality, and demonstrating Christlike character in ministry leadership roles.
- Well-equipped to share the gospel, both locally and globally, in biblically faithful and culturally appropriate ways.
- Faithful and competent ministers, who feed and lead God's people well.
Joint Degree & Accelerated Pathway Programs
Joint-degree programs allow students to earn two degrees concurrently with fewer credit requirements than needed to earn the degrees separately. Joint-degree programs require separate admission applications to each of the respective schools. Students seeking to enter a joint-degree program must meet admission requirements for both schools participating in the joint program.
Beeson Divinity School's primary degree is the Master of Divinity, and our student body is small. As such, our course work offerings are limited. Classes are offered during the day only, Tuesday through Friday.
The curriculum structure is integrative and requires incremental progress from one semester to the next. Joint degree students are encouraged to plan their course work well in advance to minimize scheduling or sequencing conflicts. To receive divinity school scholarships, joint degree students are expected to take a minimum of nine divinity credit hours per semester.
- Old Testament Theology
- New Testament Theology
- Patristic History and Doctrine
- Medieval and Reformation History and Doctrine
- Cross-Cultural Ministry Practicum
- Evangelism and Church Planting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 324 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application
- Personal Faith and Vocation Essay
- Academic Recommendation (to be completed by a college- or graduate-level instructor)
- Character Recommendation (to be completed by a pastor, church member, campus minister, mentor or employer who can speak to your Christian character and calling to ministry; cannot be a family member)
- Church Endorsement (to be completed by your senior pastor or church elder; cannot be a family member).
- Admission Interview
- Official transcript(s) from all undergraduate and (if applicable) graduate institutions previously attended.
- $35 non-refundable fee
- World Educational Service (Official course-by-course transcript of academic work sent through World Educational Services)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
International16482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8241 USD per semester during 24 months.
National16482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8241 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Homewood
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.