We believe strongly that a community-oriented, full-time and personal environment offers the best opportunity to train for such ministry. We believe the Bible is God’s word written and therefore fully trustworthy and able to teach us how to know our Lord and serve his people. We believe the truths expressed in historic confessions of the faith, such as the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed, and significant denominational confessions. We believe that Jesus Christ alone saves from the penalty, power and presence of sin. We believe that ministers in the church of Jesus Christ, too, should proclaim and live by these convictions.
Given these convictions we require M. Divinity students from Samford University to follow a balanced, integrated curriculum for their preparation as Christian ministers. We also mentor students in the classroom, in small groups, and individually so that, together, we learn and live “the faith once for all delivered to the saints.”
Graduates of This Program Will:
- Demonstrate the ability to be able interpreters of the Scriptures in the preparation of expositions of the biblical text.
- Demonstrate the ability to use relevant biblical, historical, ethical, and theological data and methodology to articulate key evangelical doctrines and their significance to the life and work of the church in denominational context.
- Demonstrate the understanding and disposition necessary for personal growth in Christlikeness, in vital relationship to the life and work of Christian ministry.
- Demonstrate the understanding and disposition necessary for faithful and effective gospel ministry in changing cultural contexts.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare and deliver oral sermons that exhibit thorough exegetical and theological analysis of biblical texts in context, and that communicate the word of God clearly and persuasively.
- Demonstrate competency in the practice of the pastoral arts, as evidenced by a healthy understanding of pastoral vocation, a firm commitment to growth in pastoral identity and theological reflection, and love for God expressed through humble service to others for the sake of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biblical Studies
- Historical and Doctrinal Studies
- Spiritual Formation, Ministry Theory and Practice Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 579 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All items on this checklist must be received by the application deadline. Further instruction is given on the online application.
- Completed online application
- Personal Faith Narrative Essay
- Academic Essay on the topic of the Apostles' Creed
- Academic Recommendation (to be completed by a college-level instructor)
- Pastoral Recommendation (to be completed by your senior pastor, other member of the pastoral staff or campus minister; cannot be a family member)
International74994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 862 USD per credit during 12 months.
National74994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 862 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Homewood
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.