- Degree completion in as little as 1 year, or 30 credit hours
- High quality, affordable education and career preparation
- Thesis, coursework-only and 100% online options
- Denton campus program holds a 100% pass rate on the national RDN exam
- Houston campus program holds a 100% pass rate on the national RDN exam
- Electives that merge the science of nutrition with a broader view of wellness, community and the environment
- Small classes with accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty, including flavor scientists and an emulsion chemist
- Scholarship recipients receive in-state tuition
Why Nutrition at TWU?Home to the only school nutrition internship program in Texas
Texas Woman's Nutrition and Food Sciences offers the only School Nutrition Specialist (SNS) Internship program in the state. The Nutrition program of Texas Woman's University is also one of only three approved by the School Nutrition Association nationwide.
This highly selective program prepares you to assess the nutritional needs of diverse populations, especially school-aged children at risk or of limited income. Currently, our students have a 100 percent job placement rate after completing the SNS Internship.
At TWU, you have the opportunity to participate in research with faculty in any of the on-campus laboratories. Research possibilities include:
- Examining the effect of berries on bone health and prevention of osteoporosis
- Evaluating the impact of various protein sources on exercise recovery
- Diabetes control
- Influence on parameters involved in the regulation of ovulation
- The effect of dietary fats on neurological behavior and neuroinflammation
Community nutrition options include the development of community education programs and evaluation and design or outreach opportunities.
Career opportunities for graduates include:
- Research and development in the food industry
- Writing and publishing
- Nutrition consultancy
- Marketing for nutrition companies
More informationVisit official programme website
- Nutrition and Human Metabolism
- Human Nutrition in Disease
- Seminar in Nutrition
- Eating Behaviors and Eating Disorders
- Nutritional Aspects of Vegetarianism
- Functional Foods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 32 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- Undergraduate semester credit hour prerequisites, including Chemistry, including Organic and Biochemistry (9-12 hours), Human Anatomy and Physiology (3-4 hours), Introduction to Nutrition (3 hours), Upper-level Nutrition, Advanced Nutrition: Macronutrients and Micronutrients and Nutrition through the Lifecycle (6-9 hours)
- Preferred minimum GRE score of 143 verbal and 141 quantitative; GMAT 330 total or verbal score of 21 and quantitative score or 17; or MCAT total score of 500-507 (125-126 critical analysis/reading; biological and biochemical foundations of living systems: 125-126
- Minimum 3.25 GPA on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 undergraduate semester credit hours and all post-baccalaureate and graduate semester credit hours
International30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State15336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7668 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.