Advance your teaching career, prepare for diverse careers in fields such as law, library science or museum work, or build a foundation for further graduate study. UNC’s master’s program in History emphasizes research techniques, analysis of historical data and expository writing skills, with diverse opportunities for experiential learning.
You’ll work closely with top faculty who have won international and national teaching awards, in addition to UNC’s Distinguished Scholars, Advisor of the Year and Teaching Excellence awards. Our History M.A. students have also consistently been recognized by the Dean’s Citation for Academic Excellence. The master’s degree program in History is offered at University of Northern Colorado, and can be completed in two years.
Consider UNC's M.A. in History if you want to:
- Analyze historical events and explore the causes of social change
- Gain advanced research skills
- Pursue graduate work or teach history at the secondary level
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Gender in American History
- Race and Conquest in Latin American History
- Modern African History
- Seminar in Chinese History
- The Cold War
- The U.S. West
- Law and Violence in Medieval Europe
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Fall Admissions: February 1 (to be eligible for funding and assistantships; rolling thereafter)
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 324 other Masters in Modern History in United States
- Possess a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or a comparable degree from a foreign institution.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or better (on a 4.00 scale) for the most recent degree earned or current degree in progress.
- Send your requests for letters of recommendation.
- Request three (3) academic or professional letters of recommendation from those who can attest to your academic potential and abilities. You will be asked to supply information for your recommenders in the application.
- Domestic Students: $50 non-refundable application fee
- International Students: $60 non-refundable application fee
International17775 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1185 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17775 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1185 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State9495 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 633 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Greeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.