Understanding the Cause, Analyzing the Spread, and Preventing Disease
Epidemiology is the basic science of disease recognition, characterization and prevention. The application of epidemiologic tools and principles is increasingly important not only to public health but also in clinical practice. What causes disease? How is it distributed in the population? What are the determinants of disease and what makes certain individuals more susceptible to disease than others? And what can we do to protect more people and more communities from disease and death? Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology studies these questions to understand disease processes and apply that information to develop and evaluate protection and control measures.
- You will learn to create and interpret complex statistical models to understand risk factors for and solutions to diseases that affect public health.
- You will be trained to effectively communicate such research and findings to lay and professional audiences.
- The Epidemiology program of the New York Medical College provides students with the knowledge and quantitative skills necessary to participate in the areas of medical, clinical, and public health research.
- Successful completion of this program will qualify you for careers with health care providers, local and state health departments, federal agencies and the pharmaceutical industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Health Care in the United States
- Environmental Influences on Human Health
- Behavioral and Social Factors in Public Health
- Public Health in Action
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1248 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application: Submit your application and application fee by the appropriate deadline. The centralized application service, SOPHAS, will instruct you on submitting recommendations and other required documents.
- Transcript(s) of undergraduate (post-secondary) course work: All applicants for the M.P.H. degree must hold a baccalaureate degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited college or university. Prerequisite course requirements and work requirements vary by academic program.
- Two (2) Recommendations (faculty, supervisors, or employers)
- Personal Statement
- An interview may be required if the department or faculty have additional questions or concerns.
- Our programs requires a high level of facility with the English language.
International1195 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1195 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1195 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1195 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.