The Master’s experiences involve: materials and trends research, new trends, design, technical and technological development, industrial and craftsmanship processes, product positioning and communication.
We offer a master degree in Creative Knitwear Design at the Accademia Costume & Moda. The Master is in collaboration with Modateca Deanna of San Martino in Rio (in the province of Reggio Emilia) in the heart of the Italian knitwear district. The Modateca is an international Fashion Documentation Center, founded by Deanna Ferretti in the late 1950s collects and promotes the identity of the Miss Deanna knitwear factory, which has been a centre of excellence in the knitwear manufacturing industry working with and for some of the world’s most important and prestigious fashion designers.
- The Knitwear Designer has to have competence linked to research and analysis, has to know the different trends, so as to interpret through his/her work the identity codes of a Maison in a contemporary and innovative way.
- The Academic Master aims to instil organizational skills from both a design and operational prospective, essential characteristics for a knitwear professional figure able to effectively resolve issues within productive laboratories with understanding of the creative potential and the possibilities for implementation of projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The course duration is one academic year (twelve months, curricular internship included) and attendance is mandatory.
- Moreover to be accepted at the final assessments students must have at least 80% proven attendance.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The Master has a limited number of places available in order to maintain the quality level of each student’s experience. Due to demand, candidates who would like to apply need to be admitted. The process includes an interview and Portfolio presentation.
- At the conclusion of the Master’s Degree the graduates will receive a Academic Master Diploma (60 credits ECTS), internationally recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR).
International2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2500 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2000 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.