The Master of Science in Biomedical Science (MSBS) program at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) takes advantage of the full range of the multidisciplinary research education programs available on our campus as we further our commitment to preparing students to make significant contributions to the health care industry.
The Master of Science in Biomedical Science program is a full-time, 45 credit (minimum) degree program designed to be completed in three semesters, with an option continue for a fourth semester at no additional cost. It consists of both PhD or MD level coursework and research.
The program is aimed at students who are not ready to make a five-year commitment to obtain a PhD, or those who need to bolster their competitiveness for MD or MD/PhD programs and value structured advanced education and research training in the biomedical sciences. Students will be taught together with incoming first-year PhD students in their core courses.
Our small student to faculty ratio gives you the chance to get to know your colleagues and teachers, as well as form the kind of lifelong professional relationships that are important to success.
Once you’ve completed the program you will be well prepared for the next step in your professional development. Graduates of the MSBS program are fully equipped to go onto more advanced graduate studies such as doctoral research, and are equally well suited for medical school, or jobs in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and health care industries. You will leave ISMMS with the confidence to succeed, and you will have a degree and the skills that will make you a better scientist and a highly desirable job applicant.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Molecular Biology
- Cell Biology
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics View 226 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college
- Undergraduate science major or other major with extensive science coursework and research. All students must have at least a year of biology and general chemistry
- At least three (3) months translational, computational, or basic science research experience (Students with only clinical trials research or chart review studies are unlikely to gain admission)
- College transcripts
- GRE or MCAT for all students
- TOEFFL or IELTS for international students
- Personal statement and description of research experience
- Three letters of recommendation
- $80 application fee. Waivers are available to qualified students upon request.
International24750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24750 USD per year and a duration of .
National24750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24750 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.