Alaska’s unique and rich multicultural populations, geographic remoteness, and frontier status allow the real potential for skilled social work professionals to make a profound impact on social, economic and environmental injustice in our state. The MSW program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). The program is reviewed by CSWE for reaffirmation on a regular basis.
The MSW is structured to allow students to participate in full-time, part-time or distance education plans requiring from one to four years of study, dependent upon prior academic preparation for graduate studies in social work. The MSW curriculum has two components: the foundation curriculum and the concentration curriculum.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Practice I: Individuals
- Introduction to Social Work Practice
- Practice II: Families and Groups
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 353 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Bachelor of Social Work degree completed within the past five years from a baccalaureate social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, recognized through its International Social Work Degree Recognition and Evaluation Services, or covered under a memorandum of understanding with international social work accreditors.
- 3.50 GPA in BSW program core courses (course work in human behavior, policy, research, practice, and practicum).
- Grade of “A” or equivalent in each field placement course.
- Two prerequisite courses (completed with a grade of “C” or better)
International18504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National18504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8802 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8802 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.