The MS program requires a thesis that is the result of research performed under the supervision of a UAA faculty member.
We recommend that prospective students review the program guidelines and expectations, which are detailed in the Department’s Graduate Handbook. General guidelines for prospective students can also be found on UAA’s Graduate School webpage.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Experimental Design and Statistics
- Experimental Design for Cell/Molecular Biologists
- Graduate Proseminar in Sciences
- Advanced Analysis and Interpretation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 868 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or equivalent science to be determined by the Graduate Affairs Committee.
- Applicants must take the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Applicants are encouraged to take the subject (biology, biochemistry or chemistry) exam, but this is not required.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.00 GPA, or at least a 70th percentile in two out of the six possible GRE scores (verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, analytical writing, and the three subtests of the subject GRE). Successful applicants ordinarily have no grade lower than a C in undergraduate science courses.
International18504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National18504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8802 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8802 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.