Today, with social activities rapidly expanding and becoming increasingly globalized, finding how to ensure sustainable development of various activities has become a crucial task. To comprehensively solve global-scale problems, the design and practice of systems based on the scientific method and employing advanced technologies are required.
Institute of Integrated Science and Technology at Hosei University will be established cooperatively by the Hosei University Graduate School of Computer and Information Sciences and the Graduate School of Science and Engineering for the purpose of conducting cutting-edge research in their specialized scientific fields while setting up cross-major research fields to solve various problems toward a sustainable global society. IIST will enable students to acquire practical wisdom necessary to tackle global issues, along with the deeply specialized knowledge in their majors.
The current career data shows that graduate students are employed in leading companies approximately 4 times more than undergraduate students.
Because some professional careers require a graduate degree or higher to even begin working the industry, a graduate degree will help you advance your career goals and may help you find a position upon graduation.
The employment data report of Hosei graduate students who are employed in major companies in last three years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Information Systems (large Scale System Integration)
- Ubiquitous Network and Communication Systems (Wired/Wireless Communication Systems, IoT, Internet/Security)
- Media and Information Processing (Big data analysis, AI, Image and signal processing)
- Advanced Medical & Health Care Engineering (Bio-medical Engineering, Wearable bio-sensors)
- Global Business Analysis and Information (Finance Engineering, OR)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Geographical Information Systems (GIS) General Engineering & Technology View 6 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Those who have been conferred (or are expected to be conferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in foreign countries
- Those who have been conferred (or are expected to be conferred) Bachelor’s degree in Japan
- Those who are considered to have academic ability equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or higher by IIST Liaison and Coordination Committee of the graduate school.
- Those who wish to and are able to study all subjects in English after admission
- Those who meet one of the following criteria in English proficiency or equivalent proven by Hosei University:
International8275 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8275 USD per year during 24 months.
National8275 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8275 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tokyo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.