The Marital and Family Therapy program emphasizes a systemic understanding of the human experience in its varied contexts. We encourage respect for the diversity of people and their lifestyles, beliefs, values, and aspirations.
Students are trained in a range of theoretical models designed to help understand the complexity of issues people face throughout their lifespan. Systemic thinking is encouraged to allow students to appreciate the interpersonal and interdependent aspects of motivation, emotion, and behavior. Additionally, our students have the unique opportunity to experience theintegration of their classroom learning with applied clinical work in our two Community Counseling Centers. This in-depth integration of clinical and scientific literature with actual professional service to the public allows you to cultivate your professional identity throughout the program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Systems of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Survey of Psychopharmacology
- Counseling Skills
- Lifespan Human Development
- Gender and Sexuality
- Law and Ethics
- Cultural Diversity
- Substance Abuse and Dependency
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 897 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Online application, including $25 application fee
- Official transcripts and degree certificates or certified true copies in English of all college and university records sent directly from each institution to CLU
- If you have taken the TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT or GRE exam, please send copies of any scores you have. Cal Lutheran reserves the right to request TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT or GRE scores to assist in admission decisions, although they are not always required.
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation from community leaders, business professionals or professors, sent directly to Cal Lutheran or submitted with the application
- Financial Responsibility Statement or Official Bank Statement
International795 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 795 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National795 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 795 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.