The online specialisation is part of the master's Food Technology, which is one of the best and most innovative programmes in Europe and worldwide. You will learn how to perform food science research, design food products and improve food production processes.
Since the Food Technology (Online) programme from Wageningen University and Research includes input from different disciplines: food chemistry, food physics, food microbiology, food process engineering and food quality & design, you will be able to work in different branches of the food industry.
There are no or very limited job opportunities for graduates of the BSc programme in the Netherlands and surrounding countries. Thus nearly all graduates of the BSc Food Technology proceed their education with an MSc in Food Technology, Food Safety or Food Quality Management. Graduates from these programmes currently find jobs quite easily all over the world, especially in the Netherlands and Western Europe.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Food Microbiology - Minimal processing, preservation and fermentation
- Sustainable Food and Bioprocessing - Flow and pinch analysis
- Enzymology for Food and Biorefinery - Carbohydrates and kinetics
- Advanced Food Microbiology - Tools for safety management
- Sustainable Food and Bioprocessing - Exergy analysis
- Advanced Biochemical Analysis of Foods - Product composition
- Food Toxicology - Toxicity and risk assessment of avoidable chemicals in food
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Food Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Relevant BSc degree
- Grade point average (GPA) of 70%
- Proficiency in English
- Good computer skills
- Access to broadband internet
- Commitment to engage in a virtual learning community
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17616 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17616 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.