Jointly delivered by the departments of Economics and Accounting & Finance, you will study the interaction between the economics and finance, which is now critical to understanding the world we live in.
Training in these subjects will equip you for finding employment in the public or private sector as economists, analysts or consultants.
There I strong emphasis on developing and applying skills learned in classes to real-world situations.Every class will either have a class test or assignment during semesters 1 and 2. Exams will take place at the end of each semester in December and April/May.
Graduates from our MSc in Economics and Finance at the University of Strathclyde could gain employment in any job where a good knowledge of economics and finance is required. For example:
- public sector
- financial institutions
- international organisations
- non-governmental organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting & Financial Analysis
- Analysis of Economic Data
- Fundamentals of Macroeconomics
- Fundamentals of Microeconomics
- International Macroeconomics
- Principles of Finance
- Porfessiona Development for Economists
- Advanced Corporate Finance & Applications OR Derivatives & Treasury Management
- Topics in Corporate Finance AND Derivatives
- Behavioural Finance
- Energy Economics
- Environmental Economics
- Games of Strategy
- International Development
- Management Accounting
- Portfolio Theory & Management
- Security Analysis
- Topics in Public Economics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance View 531 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- Second-class Honours degree or non-UK equivalent qualification - see our country pages further information - in any subject. Relevant backgrounds include economics, finance, business studies, management, mathematics, environmental studies, politics, public policy and international affairs. We also welcome applications from students with strong career experience in a relevant field.
International23050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23050 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National14150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14150 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Rest of UK £14,150
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
University of Strathclyde offers several scholarships and funding opportunities. Please check the website for more information.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.