The one-year Master of Science in Nutritional Sciences at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem leads to a non-thesis M.Sc. in Nutritional Sciences. After successful completion of the first year, qualified graduates may submit a request to be reviewed for admission to the thesis track for a second year of studies to earn a thesis degree, and continue for a PhD degree either in Israel or elsewhere.
Following graduation, the majority of alumni return to their home countries, where they hold key positions in health and nutrition promotion, education, academics, research, NGOs and government organizations.
One of the key factors of the success of the program is the close relationship between the Faculty of Agriculture and clinical and public health nutritionists, along with research and development teams in the food industry and the academic community. On-going collaboration allows for access to state-of-the-art research developments in the field and innovative approaches to address practical needs. At the heart of this academic community is the Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Career and Networking
NGO’s, local and national government, United Nations, hospitals, industry/business,
entrepreneurs, farms, researchers in research institutes, lecturers in universities, consultancy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learn the fundamentals of nutritional sciences based on the most recent scientific findings.
- Benefit from the experience of leading nutrition professionals.
- Study global nutrition challenges and food policies.
- Acquire practical knowledge to implement in the field.
- Understand personalized nutrition based on nutrigenomics and the microbiome.
- Enjoy an international atmosphere, site visits, field trips and cultural events.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- BSc degree or equivalent from a recognized university in a relevant field, for example: Nutrition, Food Science, Dietetics, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Medicine.
- Degrees in other science fields will be considered.
- Undergraduate level Biochemistry is required for the Nutritional Sciences, Animal Sciences and Plant Sciences programs*.
- Undergraduate level Molecular Biology is required for the Nutritional Sciences program.
- Scientific background relevant to the selected study program.
- GPA of 80 or above (B- on the letter scale).
- High level of proficiency in all English skills
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Relevant experience is recommended but not mandatory.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.