Students follow the economic, sociological, political, statistical, historical-geographical, socio-pedagogical, and anthropological areas while acquiring an in-depth knowledge of the social, organizational, economic, territorial, as well as the institutional and dynamic forms of the local development processes.
Students of the Local Development programme at University of Padua will learn to analyse the territorial framework and promote conditions that are favourable to local development allowing graduates to hold managerial roles in the project development, monitoring, and evaluation phases as well as working as professionals in development cooperation or in governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Graduates work as professionals in local development and development cooperation within different social and territorial contexts, in governmental and non-governmental organizations at the local, national and international level, trade and citizenship associations, enterprises.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Essentials of Project Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Kick-off Seminar
- Circular Economics and Local Development
- Statistical Methods for Local Development
- Territorial Governance and Public Policies
- Social Dynamics in Local Development
- Geographical Space: Concepts, Tools and Practice
- Gis: Mapping and Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- 2 November - 2 February
- 2 March - 2 May
DisciplinesGeography International Development Public Policy View 17 other Masters in Public Policy in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Padua and/or in Italy, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) is required, with proven skills in at least one of these fields: Political Science, International Relations and Diplomacy, International Economics, Management, Cooperation and Development, Intercultural Communication, Media and Cultural Studies, International Law, Political Philosophy, Geography, Social Psychology, Sociology.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2533 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2533 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2533 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2533 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.