An international initial Erasmus Mundus Master of Science in Public Sector Innovation and eGovernance programme at KU Leuven of 120 ECTS, jointly organized by three universities:
- KU Leuven (first semester). In Leuven, the student receives an introduction to public administration and public management, a general primer in the use of information systems in the public sector as well as an introduction into eGovernance practices.
- University of Münster (second semester). In Münster, the student gains deeper insights into the use of information systems in relevant business processes, ICT projects, new approaches to service delivery as well as insights into the possibilities of ICT for governance.
- Tallinn University of Technology (third semester). In Tallinn, the student gains in-depth knowledge of the potential benefits, risks, factors of failure/success of eGovernance, the role of eGovernance towards society and trends in public sector innovation.
- During the fourth semester, students write their Master’s Thesis on a topic of their own choosing. Students can choose to do a research-oriented or practice-oriented internship within the framework of the Master's Thesis.
This intensive two-year programme is an excellent opportunity to build the in-demand expertise required by a broad range of public organisations at all levels of government (federal, local or regional) and in European and international institutions. Graduates can also find careers in non-governmental organisations, consultancy companies and the private sector. The programme can also be considered as a preparation for PhD research in the field of public administration or information systems.
- Business Information Systems
- Public Governance, Administration and Society
- Integrated Research Seminar
- Digital Public Governance
- Public Innovation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 3 other Masters in Public Policy in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications from candidates with a degree from other disciplines than the ones mentioned above, may be taken into consideration if professional experience in the field of study is demonstrated.
- Admission decisions are based upon evaluation of a complete application file.
- Diploma(s) and transcript(s) of academic records: all applicants must upload PDF scans of his/her original diploma(s) and original transcript(s) of academic records. If the applicant has not graduated yet at the time of his/her application, a proof of provisional graduation issued by the university and the intermediate official transcript(s) of records should be uploaded.
- English Proficiency Certificate (or test registration; see ‘Language requirements’)
- Proof of nationality: a scan of the identity page of your passport (for EEA citizens: a PDF scan of your national ID card will suffice)
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.