The Biology Agrosciences program at University of Bordeaux offers an integrated multidisciplinary approach that is adapted to the realities of research (background research) as well as to the socio-economic sector (professional courses). The program objectives are to train and equip researchers and professionals to face the issues posed by agriculture in the 21st century.
With such an integrated approach, the Master B2AS represents a meeting point between academia and professionals. During the program, students may specialize either in the field of plant biology, biotechnology, plant breeding, genetics, plant and human health benefits, food production and innovation. The wide partner network provides students with a range of complementary expertise. This means that specific competencies are developed within the chosen field of biotechnology and plant breeding for agriculture improvements.
During their studies, students will:
- Acquire scientific knowledge in various fields of plant biology, green biotechnology, food supplements, food production, etc.
- Receive a modern research-based training.
- Develop an understanding of the challenges of modern agricultural practices in a context of environmental constraints and increasing demand.
- Develop an understanding of the benefits and limits of modern biotechnology.
- Acquire the skills to develop action planning processes for bioscience.
After this Master program?
The objectives of the B2AS program are to prepare students for further study via PhD programs and/or careers in the food and agronomy industry throughout the world. This is achieved by providing high-level training in plant sciences but also by preparing students with relevant knowledge and skills in management and business.
Graduates may apply for positions in the following industrial sectors in a R&D laboratory as well as in production activities:
- Plant research laboratories
- Plant breeding companies
- Agro-chemical companies
- Green and white biotechnology companies
- Food, diet and nutrition companies
- Plant medicinal production companies
- Food supplement or nutraceutical companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Business trade companies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Scientific English
- Plant development and reproduction
- Metabolism and cellular compartmentation
- Plant pathogen interactions
- Plant breeding
- Quantitative and population genetics and evolution
- Laboratory Practice
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a Master (Year 1) degree (60 ECTS equivalent) in any field related to biology with majors in molecular biology and/or biochemistry.
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3770 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 243 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.