This Drafting Legislation, Regulation, and Policy programme is based at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (IALS), a member institute of the School of Advanced Study, University of London.
- The programme aims to promote an understanding of the principles of legislative studies and an in-depth awareness of what constitutes legislative quality and how this can be achieved. Legislative drafting is often perceived as a technical skill that one learns on the job.
- The view of the Institute’s Sir William Dale Centre for Legislative Studies is that legislative drafting is a practical discipline requiring awareness of the theoretical principles of drafting along with experience on the job.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legislative drafting has evolved to become the bedrock of political, economic and social transformation. It is still, however, relatively unexplored as an academic discipline. The LLM examines issues relevant to common law and civil law jurisdictions related to the policy process, the legislative process, and the drafting process
- The programme is not prescriptive and allows you to naturalise your knowledge and apply it in your own national environment. Capped class numbers allow individualized tuition. Alumni are usually employed by governments and international organizations.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLegal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 347 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Identify the degree programme at SAS you wish to study: see all our courses
- Obtain electronic copies of your degree transcripts/certificates
- Obtain electronic copies of your English language proficiency documents (see requirements)
- Contact potential referee(s) to ask them to provide a reference to support your application
- Write your sample essay, if you are applying to the MA in Understanding and Securing Human Rights, MA in Cultural and Intellectual History or MA in Art History, Curatorship and Renaissance Culture
- Write your research proposal, if you are applying to a MPhil/PhD
- Prepare your CV (see requirements)
- Prepare your personal statement
- Submit your application online
International14210 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14210 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8915 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8915 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.