The Research Master’s in Human Movement Sciences offered by the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is aimed at integrating fundamental scientific research with relevant questions from clinical and sports practice. Grounded in the core themes of the Amsterdam Movement Sciences, the programme includes sport, rehabilitation, and regenerative medicine, with course topics stretching from molecular biology and neuroscience to exercise immunology and motor control. Apart from becoming well versed in these research domains, you will be trained in state-of-the-art research methods and advanced statistics.
- After completing the Research Master’s, you will be all set to pursue a scientific career, be that in the academia as PhD-candidate or in an R&D environment elsewhere.
- Thus far, about 85% of our alumni have taken up research positions. You will also be well equipped for other research-related positions, or a career as embedded scientist or knowledge broker in the fields of sports or health.
- Students who decide not to embark on a scientific career after graduating, have good career prospects as well. For instance, in ICT, movement-related technology, teaching in higher education, or research-related coordination and management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts in Human
- Movement Sciences
- Energy Flow Models
- Maximal Neuromuscular performance
- Topics in Rehabilitation
- Coordination Dynamics
- perceptual-motor Lea ming
- Training, Aging and Disuse Applied
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- EU/EEA or Dutch students: 1 June
- Non-EU/EEA students who do not need a study visa and/or a residence permit: 1 June
- Students who need a study visa and/or a residence permit: 1 April.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 7 other Masters in Physiotherapy in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to gain admission to the Master’s programme Human Movement Sciences, you need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 EC or equivalent.
- A relevant Bachelor's degree, including a Bachelor research project.
- Highly motivated.
- Strong interest in and aptitude for research, demonstrated during your Bachelor’s.
- Proficiency in English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15420 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.