The Research Master’s in Human Movement Sciences offered by the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is aimed at integrating fundamental scientific research with relevant questions from clinical and sports practice. Grounded in the core themes of the Amsterdam Movement Sciences, the programme includes sport, rehabilitation, and regenerative medicine, with course topics stretching from molecular biology and neuroscience to exercise immunology and motor control. Apart from becoming well versed in these research domains, you will be trained in state-of-the-art research methods and advanced statistics.
- After completing the Research Master’s, you will be all set to pursue a scientific career, be that in the academia as PhD-candidate or in an R&D environment elsewhere.
- Thus far, about 85% of our alumni have taken up research positions. You will also be well equipped for other research-related positions, or a career as embedded scientist or knowledge broker in the fields of sports or health.
- Students who decide not to embark on a scientific career after graduating, have good career prospects as well. For instance, in ICT, movement-related technology, teaching in higher education, or research-related coordination and management.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Concepts in Human
- Movement Sciences
- Energy Flow Models
- Maximal Neuromuscular performance
- Topics in Rehabilitation
- Coordination Dynamics
- perceptual-motor Lea ming
- Training, Aging and Disuse Applied
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 87 other Masters in Health Sciences in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to gain admission to the Master’s programme Human Movement Sciences, you need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 EC or equivalent.
- A relevant Bachelor's degree, including a Bachelor research project.
- Highly motivated.
- Strong interest in and aptitude for research, demonstrated during your Bachelor’s.
- Proficiency in English
International14762 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14762 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.