In today’s data driven world, organizations need expert judgement and sharp analysis to ensure they make the right decisions. Business Analytics enables you to harness the power of data science, big data, statistics and machine learning to optimize results and achieve strategic objectives.
Your ability to combine insights from mathematics, computer science and economics with highly developed quantitative and communication skills will make you key to the success of any organization.
The Master’s in Business Analytics at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is concluded with a six-month individual internship at a company, which is often the first step to a thriving international career.
You can choose from four tracks:
- Optimisation of Business Processes
- Computational Intelligence
- Financial Risk Management
- Research track
- If you are looking for a degree that will be your springboard to an international graduate career, look no further. We estimate that around 95% of Business Analytics graduates go straight into full-time employment on completing their studies. And of course, studying in Amsterdam means you have a wealth of international business opportunities right on your doorstep.
- Both the private sector and the public sector are constantly looking for ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Your skills as a Business Analyst are in such high demand that you may even receive job offers before you graduate or at the company where you completed your work placement.
- And there’s more: even during your studies you can easily find yourself taking on a part-time job as a junior data analyst or programmer. While your fellow students are waiting tables or stocking shelves, you could well be generating extra income while picking up highly relevant work experience.
All Master’s degree programmes of VU Amsterdam are accredited by NVAO (Nederlands-Vlaamse Accreditatieorganisatie), the accreditation organisation of The Netherlands and Flanders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Stochastic Modelling
- Data-Mining Techniques
- Applied Analysis: Financial Mathematics
- Business Process Optimization
- Statistical Models
- Reseach Paper Business Analytics
- Business process optimization
- Computational intelligence
- Financial risk management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- EU/EEA or Dutch students: 1 June
- Non-EU/EEA students who do not need a study visa and/or a residence permit: 1 June
- Students who need a study visa and/or a residence permit: 1 April.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics View 20 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For admission to the Business Analytics programme, a Bachelor degree in Business Analytics or a closely related Bachelor is required. In general, we expect the following subjects to be part of your Bachelors programme:
- 90 EC (european credit points) or equivalent of Mathematics/Econometrics/Computer Science courses at the BSc level.
- 45 EC (european credit points) or equivalent of Mathematics courses at the BSc level, including Probability and Statistics.
- Holders of an HBO diploma in Business Mathematics are admitted first to the one-year pre-Master’s programme, and are advised first to contact the master’s coordinator before applying.
International15320 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15320 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.