Psychology - Work and Organizational Psychology focuses on human behavior within organizations and work situations. Why is one a leader and does the other follow? How can organizations attract competent and trustworthy employees? What are the best ways to reward employees? What are effective decision-making processes? How do organizations influence consumer behaviors? What are optimal negotiation tactics? How can organizations shape teams? What role should leaders have in that process? How can we create a healthy workplace? These are some of the questions that are central within the Work and Organizational Psychology offered by the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
The Master’s degree Psychology at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is small, intensive, and well organized. You work together with other students in small groups.
A lot of teachers are professionals in practice and they will take time to guide you in your learning process. As soon as you start with the programme you will be assigned a teacher as tutor to whom you can turn for study matters or personal matters.
You will have the opportunity to enroll in courses that prepare you for your work career. There is also a good network for internships within major private and public organizations in the Netherlands and beyond.
- As a Master of Science in Psychology you will quickly find a suitable job. You can work in social aid, in hospitals, mental health institutions, or nursing homes.
- But you can also end up in the corporate world, for example as Human Resource Manager or Organizational consultant. Depending on the programme you choose, you will find a suitable job as psychologist.
Promotion alumni sessions Master’s day
During the Master’s day, you can also meet our (international) alumni during several workshops. In these sessions they will tell you more about career opportunities after finishing your Master’s degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Neuroscience and Neuroanatomy
- Stage Klinische Neuropsychologie
- M-these Klinische Neuropsychologie
- Endocrinologische Neuropsychologie
- Neuropsychologische Interventiemethoden
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- EU/EEA or Dutch students: 1 June
- Non-EU/EEA students who do not need a study visa and/or a residence permit: 1 June
- Students who need a study visa and/or a residence permit: 1 April.
DisciplinesPsychology Management, Organisation & Leadership Organisational Behaviour View 96 other Masters in Psychology in Netherlands
- Applicants who do not meet this criterion may be asked to sit (an) entry exam(s) to prove they are eligible for admission.
- yAlthough complete applications are preferred, you can begin your application before you have completed the test and then submit your passing score once you have been conditionally admitted.
International16630 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16630 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.