This part time 2 year innovative Joint Degree Master Choreography is run jointly by Codarts University of the Arts in Rotterdam and Fontys School of Fine and Performing Arts in Tilburg.
The course occurs within a learning environment that exposes students to a broad range of approaches, movement disciplines and creative domains while supporting them in retaining connections with their own working field.
Students are co-creators of the course and will be responsible for shaping the content of particular assignments and for creating a productive learning cohort with their peers.
The Choreography programme at Fontys University of Applied Sciences is carried out in 2 week intensives that take place 3 times a year at either the campus of Codarts in Rotterdam or Fontys in Tilburg, both of which have full dance, theoretical and circus facilities.
The graduated student will have gained new ways of approaching and communicating their creative practice and will have done this in a way that opens doors in the academic, educational and creative domains. They will have become a creative movement expert that can work with anyone, anywhere, anytime: an investment in themselves and their careers.
Master of Choreography is an accredited degree by the NVAO.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Year 1 has an internally directed focus as students are guided by teachers, coaches and guest teachers in developing their approach to the following:
- The potential trajectories and outcomes of artistic research.
- Taking a critical perspective on their own practices and disciplines with particular emphasis on the potential of co-creation.
- Testing potential questions, thinking creatively about modes of communication and generating movement based responses.
- Engaging with current theoretical, technological and design based perspectives.
- Entering into a productive discourse about their work.
Emphasis in Year 2 is placed on:
- The ability to engage in wider discourses.
- Gaining an enriched knowledge of contexts beyond their own discipline and the challenges, strategies and potential of creative work within those contexts.
- Developing a repertoire of individual creative strategies and the ability to reflect on and generate ‘choreography’ related to these strategies.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The audition dates will be announced soon
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 11 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Candidates that will be considered for this masters should meet the following criteria:
- An academic background that is equivalent to an arts college or university degree, at least 5 years professional experience and evidence of creative output.
- Or a dance/circus education from an internationally recognized academy, at least 5 years professional experience and evidence of creative output at a professional level.
- A curriculum vitae with information about education and professional experience.
- Documentation of your creative experience (a portfolio) with a least 2 video recordings in a readable format.
- Critical responses to your work if available (reviews)
- A motivation letter
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6970 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6970 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.