The Electrical and Computer Engineering program at Lakehead University is directed to graduates from the existing undergraduate Electrical Engineering and Software Engineering programs at Lakehead University and graduates from undergraduate programs at other universities. The program fosters independent research abilities of students. Students will achieve these objectives through a combination of course work and research towards the completion of a thesis.
Current research areas include the following:Communications and Networking
Communication and information theory, wireless communications, error correcting codes, pseudo-random signal design, broadband communication networks, network protocols and simulation, Internet, network survivability
VLSI synthesis, ultra-low power, thermal management, modeling, RF and microwave, electromagnetics, electrical motor drives, power electronic converters, renewable energy systems
Devices for therapy, imaging, signal processing, e-health care software
Power-aware computer architecture, chip multiprocessors, parallel programming, digital ASIC synthesis, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, computer network software, semantic web, mobile services
Intelligent Control Systems, Nonlinear Control
- Electron Devices and Semiconductors
More informationVisit official programme website
- Control Engineering Concepts
- Digital Communication Systems
- Robust Control
- Computer Architecture
- Digital ASIC Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 35 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Canada
- Normal admission to the Master's program in Electrical and Computer Engineering requires a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering (four year program), with at least a second class standing (70%) in their last 20 credits or equivalent
- A make-up period of study, as recommended by the Engineering Graduate Studies Committee, may be required where the student is deficient in background undergraduate level courses.
- Proficiency in the English language is required
International18000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National5388 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2694 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.