The Global Challenges (Online Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh is a multi-level online programme that offers distinct qualifications following successful completion of each of the three components.
Each component takes a multidisciplinary approach to global challenges from its own distinct perspective, and can be taken as a Postgraduate Certificate
Studying all three components gives you a comprehensive insight into the global challenges and develops and broadens your skills and knowledge to tackle them effectively. As you progress through the programme you will integrate your learning from each component you study, adding depth and richness to your experience.
This programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed for work with:
- non-government organisations (NGOs)
- international aid organisations
- United Nations agencies
- the private sector
- other research institutions
The transferable skills you gain in areas such as communication and research will give you an edge in the employment market, whatever your career.
- Our MSc in Global Challenges allows you to study flexibly at a pace that suits you.You can complete the three stages in any order you wish.
- There is no dissertation element: each Postgraduate Certificate provides opportunities for you, in discussion with academic staff, to develop innovative projects as part of your assessment.
- The MSc in Global Challenges is normally completed over three to five academic years and is awarded by the School of Social and Political Science.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences View 40 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
- A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
International6035 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6035 GBP per year during 36 months.
National6035 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6035 GBP per year during 36 months.
- MSc PT intermittent: 10 credits £960; 20 credits £1,915; 60 credits £5,735
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.