At the SUNY - College of Environmental Science and Forestry we offer a master degree in Paper Science and Engineering.
- Research topics fall into two categories: fundamental colloidal behavior of particles and behavior of paper stock on the paper machine. In the latter, extensive use is made of pilot plant facilities in Walters Hall.
- Current research projects include non-sulfur pulping, biopulping, chemicals and energy as byproducts, effects of wet pressing and press drying on sheet properties, pulping of tropical woods, and computer simulation and control of papermaking. Supporting this work is an experimental pulp and paper mill with two complete paper machines, a pressurized refiner and extensive auxiliary equipment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Reaction mechanisms and kinetics
- Applications of biotechnology
- Lignin and carbohydrate chemistry
- Chemicals from wood and pulping residues
- Energy from wood and pulping residues
- Chemical modification in mechanical pulping
- Catalytic and activation effects
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Forestry View 43 other Masters in Forestry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts of an earned bachelor's degree from a recognized institution with an academic record showing at least a "B" average for junior and senior years of the baccalaureate program or for the master's program
- The graduate application
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and for some degree programs, advanced test scores (institution code for official score reports: 2530)
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to your academic or professional skills. This should NOT include personal friends and family
- A resume or CV
- A statement of educational and professional goals
- A nonrefundable $60(US) application fee
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.