Why to study
The Social Work MSW at the University of Northern British Columbia, builds on the BSW by offering students an integrated research/policy/practice concentration in one of the key thematic areas: social work in northern and remote areas, First Nations, women and the human services, and community practice and research. The aim of the MSW is to provide students with advanced social work research, policy, and practice skills. It is designed to enable students to pursue independent studies that will help them undertake a variety of responsibilities in management, policy formulation, program consultation, planning, advanced social work, clinical practice, and research within the human services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Quantitative Research
- Advanced Qualitative Research Approaches in Health and Human Sciences
- MSW Integrative Seminar
- MSW Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 41 other Masters in Social Work in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form for admission to Graduate Programs.
- Application fee.
- Three assessment reports (letters of reference) sent directly to UNBC from the referees.
- Official transcripts (one copy) from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Statement of Academic Interests (letter of intent).
- Official English Language Test Scores (required for applicants whose first language is NOT English) sent directly to UNBC from the testing agencies.
International4016 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2008 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4016 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2008 CAD per semester during 24 months.
PT: Nat/Intl: 1,054 CAD /semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.