Why to study
The Gender Studies with Thesis program at the University of Northern British Columbia, has particular strengths in areas such as gender, literature, and cultural studies; gender, history, and anthropology; gender, colonialism, and postcolonialism; gender and globalization; feminism, justice, and ethics; gender and health; and gender and international studies. Gender Studies MA students have the opportunity to design a course of study that incorporates gender- or feminism-based methodologies and interdisciplinarity while developing expertise in an area of concentration. While providing a transnational frame of reference, we also pay attention to the national and regional; students will therefore emerge from the program with both a broad analytical framework and a well-developed focus.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Gender Studies Thesis
- Feminist Theories
- Advanced Feminist Methods
- Gender and Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 22 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Canada
- Application form for admission to Graduate Programs.
- Application fee.
- Three assessment reports (letters of reference) sent directly to UNBC from the referees.
- Official transcripts (one copy) from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Statement of Academic Interests (letter of intent).
- Official English Language Test Scores (required for applicants whose first language is NOT English) sent directly to UNBC from the testing agencies.
International3362 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1681 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National3362 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1681 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.