Why to study
The Master of Arts degree in English at the University of Northern British Columbia, is available on a full-time or part-time basis. Students may choose a course-based MA option (plus ENGL 770) or the coursework and graduate thesis option. Upon admission into the English MA program, each student is assigned a supervisor, who works closely with the student to monitor their program of study and progress. In consultation with supervisors and supervisory committee members, each student chooses courses designed to complement and inform the proposed research area, completing most of the course work during the first year of the program. The second year is devoted primarily to the production of the thesis or, in the case of the course-based MA, to the completion of coursework and the major research paper.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studies in Literature, Culture and Place
- English MA Thesis
- Advanced Study in Literature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 74 other Masters in Language Studies in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form for admission to Graduate Programs.
- Application fee.
- Three assessment reports (letters of reference) sent directly to UNBC from the referees.
- Official transcripts (one copy) from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Statement of Academic Interests (letter of intent).
- Official English Language Test Scores (required for applicants whose first language is NOT English) sent directly to UNBC from the testing agencies.
International3430 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National3430 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1715 CAD per semester during 24 months.
PT: Nat/Intl: $906 /semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.