Bioscience, Technology and Public Policy program in Bioscience, Technology and Public Policy will take advantage of the new Science Complex that will provide University of Winnipeg students with access to innovative technology and laboratories. The program will develop communication skills to facilitate interaction with managers, policy-makers and the public, and students will place the results of their science in the broader context of society at large.
This Bioscience, Technology and Public Policy program at University of Winnipeg meets growing local, national and international demands in both the health and environmental sciences. Winnipeg is the nexus for health sciences research with the development of BioMed City, growing research capacity in the biotechnology industry, and the presence of provincial and federal government health agencies. Interest in the environmental sciences is similarly growing rapidly, and our graduate program will coincide with launch of the Richardson College for the Environment at the University of Winnipeg.
- This graduate program is designed to provide an excellent basis for a Ph.D. in Biology and related fields.
- In addition, our graduates are well-qualified for employment in industry, the public-sector, and academia.
- Directed Studies in Life Sciences
- Molecular Biotechnology
- Bioscience and Policy
- Critical Environmental Issues
- Analysis of Biological Data
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Public Policy Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 119 other Masters in Biology in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Winnipeg and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Transcripts are required from ALL recognized, post-secondary institutions attended, whether or not a degree has been awarded.
- Supply two letters of recommendation and reference forms from individuals familiar with your academic work.
- Provide English language requirement (where applicable).
- Supply a description and justification of the proposed thesis research project (maximum 2 typed pages).
International13999 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13999 CAD per year during 24 months.
National6799 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6799 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Winnipeg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.