The programme will provide tools for interrogating musical and educational assumptions, values and practices. It will help students to expand their understanding of effective music teaching, evaluation and assessment across the lifespan.
Undertaking the Music Education MA at the University College London (UCL) will allow students to develop their critical thinking and ability to interrogate current educational research, literature and practice in the overarching fields of music and music education.
They will also have the opportunity to pursue specialist lines of enquiry that are related to their own professional and/or academic interests, working alongside prominent academics in the field.
Graduates of this programme are currently working as:
- advocates for the arts
- arts, health and wellbeing therapists
- doctoral and post-doctoral researchers
- freelance music teachers
- Further Education lecturers
- music education hub managers
- music teachers in primary and secondary schools
- primary music co-ordinators
- university lecturers
- Disciplines of Music and Music Education
- Choral Conducting, Leadership and Communication
- Music Technology in Education
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesEducation Music Musicology View 249 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
- Normally a minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard in music, music education and/or arts education, or a related field of study.
- There may be particular circumstances where professional experience and/or study or work portfolio is considered by the Programme Leader(s) in order to satisfy entry requirements.
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,400
- International: £12,000
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.